Sealcoating/Crack Filling - is a method of preserving asphalt paving.
Not only does it give the dark black appearance back to asphalt but, it fills in small voids of the surface which prevents surface raveling.
Sealcoating is applied by hand on smaller areas and by machine on larger projects.
Benefits of Sealcoating:
- Extends the life of asphalt pavement
- Prevents oxidation (decreasing strength and life expectancy of asphalt)
- Protects against shrinkage of pavement
- Provides protection against weather conditions
- Asphalt is easier to clean and maintain